I AM WATER Opens the Soul of the Blue

I AM WATER can be considered a movement rather than a foundation. I AM WATER aims to protect the only true untamed wild left, the ocean. Yet they are aware that conservation is more than telling people to stop throwing rubbish into … Continued

Support KhayaWeb: an online platform for Khayelitsha

Support Khayaweb! Funds are currently being raised to develop a website to promote Khayelitsha. The website will feature organisations and people doing good things in Khayelitsha currently not featured in the world wide web. Khayelitsha is Cape Town’s largest township. … Continued

Talking about conservation

So I attended Conversations in Conservation at Fairy Knowe in Wilderness. And I’m so glad I did! It was informative, inspiring and interesting. Some of the highlights for me were: Gabriel Scholtz (Working For Water– Invasive clearing and the SANPARKS … Continued

CLIMARTE: Arts for a safe climate

CLIMARTE harnesses the creative power of the arts to inform, engage and inspire action on climate change. CLIMARTE is bringing together a broad alliance of arts organisations, practitioners, administrators, patrons and academics from across the spectrum of the arts sector, … Continued

Artwork of the week: RIVERINE RABBIT, Loxton

RIVERINE RABBIT THINKING PATH LOXTON, THE KAROO, SOUTH AFRICA, GOOGLE MAP The Site_Specific Collective have completed their second permanent Karoo Geoglyphs project in Loxton – the Riverine Rabbit Thinking Path. Designed & conceptualised by sister and brother team Anni Snyman … Continued

Spekboom planting at Samara

Author: Bradley Dennis from Samara Using the Spekboom as a Carbon Sink Spekboom is a small tree shrub that grows naturally in the Karoo. Widespread across the country today, it is found in most gardens and urban areas. Spekboom is … Continued

Edible Forest Workshop in Wilderness

On 12 November 2016 I joined for a Food Forest Gardening workshop, facilitated by Matthew Koehorst from Six Kingdoms Project and permaculture designer Sean Spender.

Creativity in action with Greenpop in Zambia

This is the third post in a three-part feature about the Greenpop Zambia Festival of Action, by Matthew Koehorst (read the introduction | read about the community planting days & environmental education) Natural Building: Zambia has a long history of … Continued

Environmental Education & Community Planting Days with Greenpop in Zambia

This is the second post in a three-part feature about the Greenpop Zambia Festival of Action, by Matthew Koehorst (read the introduction) Environmental Education: Greenpop runs fun and engaging environmental education experiences for children in schools in Livingstone. In 2016, … Continued

Inspired by sunglasses, waste & eco films

posted in: Community | 0

During the third South African Eco Film Festival, Janet Botes partnered up with BALLO to offer the Creation Station – a free workshop space where people could use offcuts and different materials to create keyrings or other creations while they … Continued

Woodstock Peace Garden

posted in: Cape Land Art, Community, Land Art | 0

Participating artists & nature enthusiasts: Janet Ranson Janet Botes Cheryl Traub Adler Thelma Mort Chantal Meneghin Students from the school had their usual visit to the garden while we were there and we had some wonderful interactions! More about the … Continued